Friday, October 30, 2009

An Interview with My Beautiful Girlhood


Dear friends,

Pull up your chair, fill up a pretty teacup with your favorite tea and enjoy the following interview in celebration of My Beautiful Girlhood’s first birthday!

Enjoy!


Merisa, please share with your readers, how you began your blog?:


My mom enjoys reading her favorite Christian blogs and I would comb her hair and read them together with her. This is how I learned what blogs were. When my brother Abraham was baptized last year my parents encouraged him to start a blog. When I saw his blog, I decided I wanted to have a blog too. I was very excited to have a blog because I love to write.


Why did you choose the name My Beautiful Girlhood for you blog?


My mom and I were thinking about names for my blog and I chose“Beautiful Girlhood” because at that time my mom and I were reading and studying the book, Beautiful Girlhood. We looked up that blog name, but it was already taken, so we added “My” to Beautiful Girlhood, so it’s now, My Beautiful Girlhood.


What is the purpose of your blog?


The purpose of my blog is to encourage other girls to live a beautiful life before God. I think I can do this by sharing my own life. I want to please God and I think it is encouraging when girls see how other girls are living for God.


How can a girl live a beautiful life before God?


By obeying God. One way I obey God is by obeying my parents, because it is one of His commandments. Also, by loving to be a girl because this is who God created me to be. It is important to love being a girl and to be feminine. I love pretty things and I try to be a lady. It is also beautiful for me to be happy at home and do all my work with a happy heart.


Do you have any special plans for your blog?


Yes, I want to post more recipes and videos of me cooking. I also am writing a series about getting along with brothers. I have three brothers so I know a lot about brothers.


What do you like most about blogging?


Comments. I love to get comments and it’s exciting to read what people think about my blog. It is also exciting to know that my life can encourage others. I put Clustrmaps on my blog and it tells you the countries where people are reading your blog. I was so excited to see that people from far countries like India and Germany were reading my blog. It’s amazing.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To my beautiful granddaughter. What a joy to see my daughter serving the Lord and now my granddaughter!You are a beautiful example of a beautiful girlhood.Your Papo and I love you dearly and are so blessed to have you.You can be sure that we speak your name before the throne of God daily. You have done a great job on your blog. I have seen how you love to post pictures and write. May that gift increase and may you touch many lives for Christ. Your loving grandmother Rena